Angela Venti

Obituary of Angela Venti

Angela (DePlacido) Venti, passed to eternal life on July 24, 2009 following a courageous battle with Leukemia. The beloved wife of 48 years of Joseph, she was 78 years old. Angela was born, raised and educated in East Boston. She was the daughter of the late Peter and Elizabeth DePlacido. Angela and her husband Joe made their home in Woburn after their marriage where they raised their four children. She was a talented seamstress and worked part-time through the years as a seamstress. Angela’s family was the center of her life. Her most important role was that of wife, mother and grandmother. She was a wonderful cook and her children always looked forward to sharing meals with her. She had a passion for music. Angela loved to listen to music and sing as she worked throughout her home. Angela’s lasting legacy is her loving family and friends by whom she will be deeply missed. Family is life’s biggest and brightest blessing. Angela was the beloved wife of 48 years of Joseph. She was the loving mother of Paula Rigby & her husband William of Burlington, Carla Hunt & her husband John of Saugus, Mark Venti & his wife Jeannine of New Orleans, and Joseph Venti of Woburn. She was the beloved sister of Peter DePlacido & his wife Louise, Guy DePlacido & his wife Julia, Ann Fabiano & her late husband Nicholas all of Saugus, and Anthony DePlacido & his fiancé Diane Recchia of East Boston. She was the dear sister in-law of Virgil Venti & his wife Marie of Woburn, Eda Orr & her late husband Bernard of Billerica. Angela was the cherished grandmother of Nicole and Jillian Rigby. Also survived by many nieces, nephews and friends. Funeral from the Edward V. Sullivan Funeral Home, 43 Winn St., BURLINGTON (Exit 34 off Rt. 128, Woburn side) on Tuesday, July 28 at 9 a.m. Followed by a Mass of Christian Burial in St. Anthony’s Church, 851 Main St., Woburn at 10 a.m. Visiting hours Monday 4-8 p.m. Interment in Woodlawn Cemetery, Everett. Memorials in Angela’s name may be made to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Donor Services, P.O. Box 4072, Pittsfield, MA 01202 Bill Rigby's words of remembrance Angela , Mammy to me - She was many things to many people, a Wife, Mother, Sister, Grandmother, Aunt, Great Aunt, and Friend She was known by many things, Angela, Mom, Dolly, Mammy, BA, or Beautiful Aunt, Mother Superior and most recently Scooter because of the walker that she used. Mammy was happiest when her whole family was around. Sunday Dinner at Mammy’s house was an all day event. Have you had enough of whatever, Did you try the whatever… are questions that she constantly asked. She was always concerned about everyone. She exposed her family to music, food and fashion giving them the foundation and willingness to try different things. She was a talented and accomplished seamstress. She made wedding dresses for many of the women in the family including herself, Julia, Debbie and Paula. Additionally she made Auntie Ann’s Maid of Honor gown and Nicole and Jillian’s First Communion gowns. She made clothes for her kids including Paula’s first pair of jeans. She really enjoyed sewing and doing things for others. Mammy was stylish and had an eye for fashion. She took great joy in cooking for people, and was an amazing cook. You could not go into the house without her having something on the stove. She was constantly looking to make sure her guests had had enough. Family always came first, she would fill the house with food, music, and laughter. She would be around the house singing opera or anything else that was on the radio. Angela was a big fan of Dick Contino a great accordion player of his day. Because of this poor Uncle Guy had to take lessons and carry an accordion up the hill every day almost breaking his back… It was amazing that she would come home from a restaurant and figure out how to make the dish she had just eaten. She would do it, and it would be great. She also made delicious Rum Cakes, not necessarily appropriate for Uncle Anthony’s 2nd birthday, but it was enjoyed by all and Anthony had a nice nap for the rest of the afternoon. Angela enjoyed travelling and would talk for hours about the trips she was able to take. She went to Italy in October 06 with Joe, Joey, Mark, and Jeannine. We got lots of material from that trip. They took a side trip to the town that Joe was born in, and Angela was not up to walking through the town. She stayed with the car while the others explored. One thing led to another. They got involved exploring the town, and she was outside on her own. She made a friend that let her into a coffee shop that was closed. She let them all know that was not happy… It was a quite ride to the next town. Except for Mammy who made it very clear that she was not happy in only a way Mammy could… When Mark & Jeannine lived in Massachusetts, they would plan day trips with Angela and Joe. Angela enjoyed their day trips to Boston most of all. Walking the waterfront and the North end. Wining and dining together and enjoying the history of one of the finest cities in the world. She loved shopping and most of all her shoes. I think she liked buying them more than wearing them. Mammy would go shopping anywhere anytime. She and Joe went to Las Vegas with Anthony and Di Somehow, somewhere, she got coupons for a shoe store while in Vegas. Anthony had to find this store instead sightseeing or doing what tourists do in Vegas.. In December of 2007 Angela was diagnosed with MDS Myelodysplastic syndrome, or Pre Leukemia. She was treated at Dana Farber in Boston for this through August 2008. In October 2008, they told her that the chemo treatments she was receiving weren’t benefiting her and from then on she received blood transfusions only. This was a maintenance treatment. The hope was that these would help her maintain status quo. These transfusions were very difficult on her and she struggled with these terribly. It was very difficult for her during this time. At the beginning of this month it was decided that she had had her last treatment and could not do it anymore. She was ready for Hospice care. She was ready to go home, but, not before Mark came home. She had to hear his voice one more time. As sick was she was and as ready as she was to move into her new home, she made sure Mark, Jeannine, and Elsa (her newest canine granddaughter) settled in after their long, tiring, journey back to Woburn. While Joe and the kids were eating dinner and reminiscing, they said their last goodbyes. In her final moments, she was surrounded by her husband and children who will forever feel this loss.
Share Your Memory of